Volunteer registration is open!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Big Event!
The Big Event will take place on Saturday, April 15, 2023, from 11:00 AM - 3:30 PM.
The Big Event is Nebraska’s largest single-day volunteer event. ASUN Student Government is excited to announce that it is returning to Lincoln for its 17th year. Through service-oriented activities, The Big Event promotes campus and community unity as students come together for one day to express their gratitude for the support from the surrounding community.
Help us say thank you to Lincoln by signing up. For details on what is expected of volunteers, please see below.
Perks of Volunteering:
- Free T-shirt
- Free Lunch
- Keynote address from campus and community leaders
- Giving back to our community
- Networking opportunities
- Collaborate and volunteer alongside peers
Interested students, student groups, and faculty and staff can fill out this form to sign up. All groups and individuals are required to complete a release of liability in order to volunteer.
If you are a member of a student group that is interested in volunteering, we invite your organization leader to sign up and assist a private residence organization as a group by selecting the group option on the form. Please note, only student organization leaders need to fill out the primary registration form.
Please complete this form before March 24th at 5 pm so we can match you or your organization with a project. Additional information about the event is provided below.
Date: April 3 - April 12th | Group Matched/Pick up t-shirts
- You or your Big Event primary contact person will receive an email highlighting you or your group's designated work site.
- When they receive our email we will ask that your contact person stops by the specified location to pick up your shirts.
Date: Saturday, April 15th | The Big Event Day
- 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM - Check-in and entertainment at Nebraska Union
- 11:00 AM - Lunch and Keynote Speaker at Nebraska Union
- 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM - Volunteer at various locations across Lincoln. Transportation is not provided.
- 3:30 PM - Check back at Nebraska Union
Thank you in advance for helping our community grow. If you have any questions related to the Big Event please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information will be provided upon signing up. Go Big Red!
We strive to make your volunteer experience the best it can be!
- We check every job site to ensure that the volunteer activities appear safe. Please inform the Operations Staff immediately if you encounter unsafe conditions.
- We provide food, t-shirts and other benefits for volunteering in order to unite UNL in our effort. However, since these are all generous donations, we are limited in our ability to address individual needs.
- We work hard to find volunteer activities that will improve our community. While not all activities may fit your interest, we take pride in ensuring that each activity is making a positive contribution.